Career Guidance and School Counselling Service
The following services are available at St. Clare’s:
- Counselling – helping students to explore their thoughts and feelings and the choices open to them; giving care and support to students learning to cope with the many aspects of growing up
- Assessment – helping students to obtain self-understanding through the use of psychometric tests and other inventories
- Information – providing students with objective and factual data in education and training opportunities, occupations, labour market information, entitlements etc.
- Advice – making suggestions based on the advisor’s own knowledge and experience and the information available at the time
- Educational Development Programmes – facilitating the transfer of knowledge and skills relating to studying, examination performance, choices of subjects and levels
- Personal and Social development programmes – facilitating the transfer of knowledge and skills relating to a student’s personal and social development, self-awareness, decision-making and planning